Cisco Systems - good company to work for, for a long time.. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

"good company to work for, for a long time.."

Pros

gain good experience, good for personal growth...

Cons

ethign was good, no cons

Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems

1. "Software engineer"

Pros

work life balance, wast opportunities

Cons

compensation not at par with industry standards

2. "Isolated and without direction."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Cisco Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Independance, better than average pay potential. Great technology and opportunities for growth. Nice cafeteria and lots near by to do during lunch or after work.

Cons

I have friends who work there who do well so I don't think it was as much a reflection of the company as the manager. I was put in a position of isolation in a culture where everyone I worked with and depended on for information was of a single ethnic back ground of which I was not. I was happy to work among them and began with an open mind but the second day on the job I was informed by may manager that no one wanted me there but my manager. Unfortunately, not only did she lack proper sponsorship for the projects I was to complete but she herself was unwilling to spend anytime to provide the information or tools needed to do the job. It was a learning experience I'll never forget. I would certainly enjoy working in other departments within Cisco, I'm sure. However, this was not a good fit from the beginning, very poor environment for success.

Advice to Management

Be careful that when a manager presents you with a project that both the project aligns with the business needs and you provide the tools and support necessary for success. Otherwise, everyone walks away with egg on themselves. This manager used a project to get a new hire, not so much to complete a project as to use the person as their goffer, their project coordinator and thus free them of valuable time. Understand the motive behind the proposal.