Cisco Systems - Excellent place to start a secure career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cisco Systems

"Excellent place to start a secure career"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Cisco Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy being able to have a great work environment with my co workers. We are always able to talk and work at the same time.

Cons

Te disorganization of our manager is very annoying.

Advice to Management

I think you should organize you life and things a little bit more than where you're at right now.

Other Employee Reviews for Cisco Systems

1. "Up and Down"

Current Employee - Director Sales
    Current Employee - Director Sales

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Cisco is a market leader and makes it easy to get appointments with client stakeholders. Cisco has a lot ot offer in the marketplace and has a stellar reputation. Cisco offers a lot of flexibility to the employees along with providing access to all of the technology needed to be efficient in getting the job done. Additionally, Cisco offers the opportunity to work from home to most employees.

Cons

Cisco is a large company and very popular to work for and this makes it surprisingly difficult to land opportunities for advancement or compensation increase (as it almost seems as though Cisco just figures if x person doesnt stay, then they can always hire a replacement). Additionally, there is a lot of bureaucracy making it difficult to get decisions made quickly to transact business.

Advice to Management

Make sure to provide career opportunities for advancement to valued employees.

2. ""A great company to work for""

Pros

Cisco is a great company to work for. Fosters collaborative work culture, with emphasis on technical leadership and mentorship. Provides a great learning experience to young employees, and an appealing 'Choice Program' for college hires.

Cons

Nothing much to specify as far as cons. As with lots of big corporates, there are several layers of management, and there is a well defined scope and role for most employees.