KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best in the Business in its segment

Aug 17, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. It has wonderful work culture. 2. It encourages it's employees to be "YOU", you have full freedom to be yourself and this is when they believe the maximum potential can be unleashed. 3. The leadership is top-notch right from bottom to the top. 4. Cisco respects each of its engineers, and it gives you full freedom to explore your talent, and unleash the potential within you. 5. It produces ground breaking products that are worth the experience to be a part of and contribute towards the same.

Cons

Really? If you have many Pro's i don't even think even the marginal con s are not really a con. However, I don't have anything to share which would be a con.

28 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing Place to work, Dare I say the BEST

Sep 30, 2022 - Associate Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexibility coverage pay morale culture

Cons

I don't have any cons for working here

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

The grass isn't always greener...

Mar 13, 2015 - Manager, Network Services in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I decided to wait almost a year after leaving the company before posting a review. The primary reason being is that when you decide to leave an organization it is usually because there is something there that isn't aligning with you or what you want anymore however, the grass is not always greener someplace else. This has been my experience. In fact, the appreciation I have for the company has grown so much in my time away that I would really like to return. The company truly believes on promoting within and as an employee you are encouraged to grow your career within the organization and learn new skills by taking different positions. Benefits are excellent. Cisco is the industry leader for networking and now cloud. It is sometimes easy to forget that on the daily grind but you are working for the company that everyone looks to for network and infrastructure standards. Culture within the business units managing product lines give you a lot of freedom to be innovative and creative in your approach to your role. In most cases you are given a fair amount of autonomy and control over how you do your job provided that it aligns with the strategic objectives. Benefits, 401k match, RSUs and ESPP are amazing. And while the salaries aren't the top of the industry, they are above market and pretty competitive.

Cons

Cisco can be a machine. There isn't an overt demand for all of your time (even the time outside of work) but more of a subtle, slight encouragement to always be on. If you are not careful, you will live, sleep and eat Cisco 24x7. Don't get me wrong, this is 100% a choice and if you are aware of this subtlety in the culture it is very easy to set appropriate boundaries that will be respected by the company and leadership team. If you don't like where you are in Cisco or what you are working on, give it 6 months because you will be reorg'd. While it is sometimes necessary to realign the company to meet competitive threats or market demands, reorganizing the company once a year is excessive and tends to create a distrusting environment for the rank and file which makes being a leader in the organize challenging. There is a loss of momentum and motivation that occurs a few months before and a few months after reorgs so this leaves the company being effective at delivery and execution only about 70% of the time. While Cisco attracts some bright, motivated people the truth of the matter is you are either cut out for the company and its culture or you're not. If you aren't it will be painfully obvious to you and those around you. Sadly as a leader it is hard to cut dead weight from the team and the only really accepted way is via layoffs, which is why the company reorgs once a year despite the company line about the reorgs.

Continue reading
    276 people found this review helpful

Cisco Systems Response

HR Representative

Thank you for such a sincere review. We appreciate your feedback and hope you are pleased to see many of our "We Are Cisco" initiatives. Indeed, it can feel like Cisco frequently changes because it is part of our innovative culture. We thank you for your time with us and wish you the best.

Discover more reviews about Cisco Systems.

Cisco Systems Careers

Cover image for Cisco Systems

"Work is not a place you go to, it's what you do." - Francine Katsoudas, EVP Chief People, Policy, & Purpose...More

• Webex
  • Well-being
  • Emerging Talent
  • Awards

Cisco Systems Photos

+ Add Photo
Cisco Systems photo of: Mom and daughter duo at Cisco!
Cisco Systems photo of: Cisco Orientation Day!
Cisco Systems photo of: Cisco Women in Tech event.
Cisco Systems photo of: Work from home. Work from anywhere.
Cisco Systems photo of: 2021 Love Where You Work photo contest winner!
Cisco Systems photo of: "The 'think' part of the Cisco Pavelka Wellbeing initiative." - Systems Engineer at Cisco.
Cisco Systems photo of: Remote work reimagined.

Cisco Systems Job Seekers Also Viewed