Citi - Citigroup | Glassdoor

"Citigroup"

Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

Pros

There is excellent in-house training resources...as long as one takes the initiative to look for them. Management pays more than lip service to the option of telecommuting and flexible work options, which is nice.

Cons

Let's be honest, it's a little embarrassing to have to admit that I work at this train wreck of a company! In addition, the company is such a behemoth, that everything is so stratified and separated, which makes for an abundance of red tape. There is a lengthy conference call for even the most innocuous of matters.
The benefits and pay scales are paltry in comparison to similar financial services firms.

Advice to Management

Although I don't agree with the way the company is run, I don't have any advice per se.

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

"A nice place to work but"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Warren, NJ

Pros

Flex work schedule, 3 weeks off, 2 week sick and 1 personal day

Cons

Very little leadership and career opportunies, You work on the same job londer than you need to be there.

Advice to Management

Do more knowledge sharing and the there is more talent in citigroup itself that it does not need to hire outside contractors to do the work.

"I love my line of work, just not the people who manage it. Very disappointed with Citi"

Current Employee - Client Support Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Support Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Company name recognition. Great place to learn how things are done. Citi is well known throughout the financial industry

Cons

No employee appreciation, slow to get compensation program finalized. Unclear procedures for servicing clients. Heavy favortism. Uneven salary ranges amongst colleague. NO comission even when fully licensed (it is a process ... 7 months and still waiting). Inadequate staffing.

Advice to Management

LEARN TO DO YOUR JOB BEFORE YOU TELL US TO DO OUR JOBS. I am fully aware that the CSA is at the bottom, but we are still people who need incentives and motivation to keep performing our job at 110%. The FA's do produce the big bucks, but its a partnership, not a dictatorship. Do not take away from the CSA, especially if they are licensed. We studied hard for the series 7, 63 and have BA degrees from accredited universities. Our voice should have some impact.