Citi - Great place to work and enjoy the culture of cit | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"Great place to work and enjoy the culture of cit"

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Citi full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great employee benefits and opportunity to prove yourself for better job satisfaction

Cons

Politics at work place can be very high. Departments are becoming more like a cartel.

Advice to Management

Increase diversity in department and avoid off shoring work to 3rd world country

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

"Work/life balance a big issue"

Current Contractor - IT Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - IT Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- Big name
    - Brand value . looks good on resume
    - Some very good projects in terms of gaining knowledge

Cons

- Depends on the project but my project has work/life balance issue. Also, That is what I have heard from most of my friends in other projects in different locations as well.
    - 50% or more of the people in NY/NJ are Indians. I am myself an Indian but these people just don't know how to treat employees/Consultants.
    - Indians managers treats you like dog and expect you to deliver everything either today or tomorrow. There is no planning to the way projects are run.
    - Everyone is either an AVP,VP/SVP. These designations do not change the way people work.
    - There is no technological standards. Each project is run by a bunch of "so called " managers and each one runs his/her project as per one's own wishes.
    - The managers commits to his superior about a deadline without having no knowledge about the technology and without consulting anyone. When faced with the ground realities on execution, they just turn dumb and try to save their job ( by hook or crook).

Advice to Management

- Ask your managers to give a plan for project execution. Simply asking for an end date and then running after them to get things done is not the correct approach.

2. "Vice President"

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Citi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very international and diverse group of people. One of the best trading floors overlooking the West-side highway. You can be creative, and there is very little micro-management.

Cons

Poor management. No unity within the team. People are only concerned of themselves and their title and status in company. You need to 'play politics' to go up the rankings.

Advice to Management

Be good to your employees - they are your biggest assets. Know why you hire them, and grow your juniors/analysts/associates/VPs to be better all-starts. Get to know them, and make them excel in what they are good at.