Citi - Challenging Work in a Global Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"Challenging Work in a Global Company"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are generous and the work can be challenging. Flexible work schedules allow me to work from home frequently where I am more productive. The culture can be positive but I have learned that the work culture is very dependent on the site where you work and your immediate team. Each location has a different culture and work-life balance.

Cons

Working across the globe means a lot of phone meetings at odd hours. There are very few in-person meetings, which can make building relationships difficult.

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

"Citi used to care for employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You get to support a charity of the month to earn credits towards your support the company portion of the annual review, and earn the right to wear jeans to work.
    Staff and lower level management typically get along very well, until an upper manager gets involved in the mandatory monthly ranking of employees.

Cons

1% merit raise for core staff (most of whom make under 25K to begin with) for the second year in a row. Sick days cut from 12 to 6. Employee health benefit out of pocket cost have risen faster than inflation for the 3rd year in a row, in addition to many of their health provider options having been removed; such as moving from choice 100 to choice 500 plans. High turn over rates in both staff and management. Top level management keeps promoting one another, and renaming their job titles in order to hand out raises and bonuses to the senior management, while rank and file receive little to no raise and no hope of bonuses. Work loads have become excessive due to repeated layoffs and staff cuts.
    Other banks keep hiring our staff away from us; offering hourly salaries that are anywhere from 40% to 60% higher for doing the exact same job description and functions. Departments no longer have HR generalists, but are referred to a HR call bank (feels just like calling over seas for customer service).
    Monthly scorecards are handed out on a mandatory bell curve ranking system. You can perform at 100% of expectation and still end up at the bottom of the pile, and receive no pay raise for the next year, all because your fellow employees were better perceived by their unit manager on subjective criteria such as: participated in internal surveys, complained the least, handed out more holiday cards, dressed the nicest, gave extra funds to charity participation, etc...

2. "Citi"

Current Employee - Doc Processor II in Saint Peters, MO
    Current Employee - Doc Processor II in Saint Peters, MO

I have been working at Citi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits - good pay - pretty good place to work.

Cons

Wish the company site was closer to my home 35 miles away.

Advice to Management

n/a