Citi - Large company treatment, but valuable experience gained | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"Large company treatment, but valuable experience gained"

Former Employee - Vice President in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Vice President in Denver, CO

I worked at Citi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Always felt financially stable there, even through the difficult times. Leadership training and talent management systems were really great. Liked the goal-setting process and enjoyed the philosophy of implementing flexible work schedules, including many work at home opportunities. Tuition reimbursement was excellent (although, I think that has been cut in these difficult economic times, but I am sure it's still available to some extent).

Cons

Large company feel - the company is so large, and even though robust talent management systems are in place, employees still feel like a number. In a company that large, that's just going to happen, and I like being part of a smaller organization where I feel like my contributions really matter. After almost 2 decades of service, my business unit was sold, and more than 2000 employees in our division were laid off - I am sure our presence was not missed, and the organization moved on. It's hard to get your voice heard at upper levels, and even the senior-level managers have a very small voice. So many regulations and requirements make for a lot of red tape. Again, the down-side to being employed by a large global organization that is publicly traded and must adhere to certain guidelines.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on leadership and talent development; look for the "diamonds in the rough" and develop them too, not just the obvious high potential employees. Employee involvement is key! Ask for their input and ideas - include them, even if you can't use everything they have to suggest - the organization will flourish if they at least feel like their opinions matter!

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

1. "Depends on which group you join"

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance and 90% work from home option

Cons

Cannot grow in citi without a help of director and bonuses depends on the group

Advice to Management

Proper growth plan should be shown to all employees

2. "Good place to start working life"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Citi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place for students to work when they are attending college

Cons

Opportunities to transition to other positions limited without professional qualifications.