Citi - Associate with the Corporate & Investment Bank based primarily in New York City at 388 Greenwich | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"Associate with the Corporate & Investment Bank based primarily in New York City at 388 Greenwich"

Current Employee - Investment Banking Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Investment Banking Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I started in 1998 the pay was very competitive for investment banking associates. The caliber of professionals working around you are top shelf. Substantial resources at your disposal to perform your job. Highest caliber clients. Truly global universal bank provides geographic flexibility. Substantial institutional knowledge. Outstanding training program for those joining at the entry level. Extremely interesting work.

Cons

During my tenure managers were not good at managing subordinates. Extremely long hours. Working as a banker with Citi as an I banker was a life style decision. Break down of compensation causes employees to assume substantial risk for the year. Its up or out and very competitive. Can be a political mine field to stay at firm.

Advice to Management

More transparency to junior leaders from senior management. Better incentivize management in developing junior leaders. Incorporate the principal perspective in dealing with clients.

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

1. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Vice President in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance
    Diversity and global presence with numerous opportunities

Cons

Senior leadership changes did not go well

2. "Lots of support but managers are severely underpaid for the workload."

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Strong corporate culture
    - Relaxed environment (cards call centre)
    - Diversity of staff

Cons

As a manager of 25 -30 staff, I'm severely underpaid for the work I'm doing. Due to the "zoning" of salaries, I'm paid the same as an employee in the midwest, though I'm 30 miles outside of DC. I'd estimate I'm underpaid about 15K for the work I do. It's also hard to swallow that my "raise" this year works out to $8.22 a cheque when the company earned 2.2B in the 4Q.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth, or at minimum provide cost of living increases in order to stay competitive.