Citi - For a large corporation, I was afforded numerous opportunities for advancement in various areas. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"For a large corporation, I was afforded numerous opportunities for advancement in various areas."

Former Employee - Unit Manager in Hagerstown, MD
Former Employee - Unit Manager in Hagerstown, MD

I worked at Citi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, variety of jobs and positions, opportunity to be a part of creative problem solving, fair working policies, and HR practices.

Cons

If you don't like change or high standards, this is not the company to work for. The change/standards were generally practical and made good business sense.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the lower level staff in the loop of what is going as much as possible. With all the changes taking place to accommodate business needs, keeping the staff informed is going to save you a lot of turnover and disgruntled workers.

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

1. "Cost cutting is now the norm for this company"

Current Employee - Management Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Management Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on your department, you can end up working with a great team. Most people in the company are interested in helping you get your work done.

Cons

The Great Recession has forever changed the banking industry and Citi in particular may never be the same, nowadays they are constantly in cost cutting & survival mode. Given the downsizing that has taken place, you can expect to be doing more work for the same salary. Very low transparency among senior management.

Advice to Management

Try to live by some of the same standards you set for your employees

2. "Depends on your department and manager"

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Citi full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Overall, there was a fun and interesting employee base. I still stay in touch with many of my former peers. Also, It was fairly easy to move within the organization if you wanted to explore other areas.

Cons

At times, there was poor oversight of department managers. This may have been due to a good amount of manager turnover. Like many big firms, they were constantly looking to outsource jobs to cut costs.

Advice to Management

Treat people well and they will work hard and be loyal.