Citi - Good benefits, but unstable | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"Good benefits, but unstable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, including health care, on site medical, gym. The daycare is great and is much cheaper than independent day cares and even other locations in town (same day care company, different employer). There are a lot of positions in my department which are work-from-home, which is a huge plus, and the flexibility is great. Not all departments are like this, of course.

Cons

I have been working in the same position since 2006 (when things started going south for Citi). I have lost count of the number of rounds of layoffs I have survived. Lots of restructuring, constant management changes. You never know when the axe is going to fall on your head, as there is no warning or reason for most of these layoffs.

Advice to Management

Management needs to get their act together and stop the rounds of layoffs, its terrible for morale. If you need to lay people off, do it yearly at a minimum. Quarterly layoffs (sometimes more often than that) are just too often.

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

1. "Full of Bull, and absolutely no equal to Merrill Lynch."

Current Employee - Power Trader in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Power Trader in Houston, TX

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to keep my lights on and feed my family with the help of some savings. The office is located at the Galleria in Houston, so when you have had enough for the day, you can walk the mall.

Cons

Desk head is interested in limiting traders term, and collecting trade ideas from his traders to put in his own book. Absolute dictatorship, where the leader works towards a goal of destroying individual confidence and self worth, creating an environment where the trader loses confidence in their abilities, resulting in fear of losing money. Pure definition of individual greed limiting collective goal of making money. Environment is shaped by the leader to keep himself at the top.

Advice to Management

Remove the head of the snake, hire a company oriented leader that is capable of looking past his own financial wealth, for the greater good of his employees and the organization. Establish a meritocracy where Desk Head is unable to hire incompetent industry friends, and make hires to establish loyalty to the dictator.

2. "Place is ok to work most of the me"

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work quality , good technology

Cons

No appreciation for work at all

Advice to Management

Pls pay attention to voe and do something about it