Citi - Employed at Citi for 13 years in IT. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"Employed at Citi for 13 years in IT."

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Getzville, NY
Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Getzville, NY

I worked at Citi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Citi was always striving to be the best company possible. There are opportunities available if you were willing to move to that location. There are many online training tools available - mainly for the banking employees.

Cons

I did not see a raise or bonus for the past three years. I believe I hit my glass ceiling. My current position was an important position - but the company is trying to cut back 11,000 jobs as per their "Redundancy" effort. I was a victim of Redundancy at Citi. I understand it was purely a business decision and that Citi saved money by releasing me - so - don't make too much money or you may be next on the list. Also, Citi has a tuition reimbursement initiative - but Citi does not pay for any professional computer related certifications. You will have to earn any certifications using your own dime. That's just business - right?

Advice to Management

You should have a "chat" with employees to determine what skill sets they hold before you send those employees out the door. I am certain you "throw away" many talented people - but that is just business - right?

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

1. "Great place to work right out of college."

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of mobility, good experience to have on your resume, very global and diverse, very good benefits starting from day one.

Cons

Low gender equality, difficult to earn higher pay

Advice to Management

Women need to be promoted more, need more opportunities for pay raises

2. "Good company with lot of opportunities"

Former Contractor - Program/Project Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Contractor - Program/Project Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at Citi as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Citi is highly process oriented and have these processes automated. Any time there is deviation, automatic notification of it will be sent.

Cons

Company's treatment of consultants is not the best. Constant churn of consultants as a result, and lack of motivation. Pay rates are average.

Advice to Management

Revise current attitude towards consultants. Integrate them into the company so that they feel part of the same team.