Citi - Citi was very diverse, intelligent, professional work experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"Citi was very diverse, intelligent, professional work experience."

Former Employee - Vice President in Stamford, CT
Former Employee - Vice President in Stamford, CT

I worked at Citi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diversity, Intelligence, Compensation, Performance Based Bonus, Opportunity

Cons

Stressful, complex structure, long hours

Advice to Management

I loved working at Citi and would rejoin the organization in a heart beat should an opportunity arise.

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

"CPWM fails to live up to its own hyperbole"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a lot of diversity in ethnicity, and they seem to be decent at hiring/promoting women. The employees are generally nice, and I have met a lot of interesting people and have made great connections. I was given opportunities to add to my knowledge base when I specifically requested the opportunities, based on my personal merit.

Cons

There is no incentive to do well; there is a climate of fear among most of the lower-level employees and managers. The attitude from high-level management is that you should be grateful for having a job, never mind bonuses, raises (your OT IS your raise) are stingy and few and far between unless you are well liked and highly rated. I know this because I was one of the few lucky ones who received regular (small) raises, but heard the disappointment year over year from good employees who received nothing.

In the non-sales sector there is virtually ZERO growth potential. Once you're in, you're going nowhere, unless you push hard and or just leave to another part of the company.

Advice to Management

Learn how to value your 'worker bees' if you want better productivity. Your creation of a culture where you ship everything out to India is doing nothing for your onshore workers who actually have the mental wherewithal to get the job done, whereas you cheaper overseas workers can only manage to do what you want if there is a script in front of them. The morale is low, and people rarely give their best as it's clear the company doesn't value it anyway.

2. "I learned a lot at Citigroup Inc therefore I will not degrade their name."

Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Citi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Citi is a multicultural environment and allows you to work many different types of people
    therefore you are forced to learn alot.

Cons

Citi generally loses their best talent to competitors due to the lack of loyalty to their employees.

Advice to Management

Try to establish a better relationship with subordinates come down off your high horse and
    engage in the intra day activities with your supporters.