Citi - You have to have a certain mentality to thrive there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"You have to have a certain mentality to thrive there."

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Excellent company culture. I truely felt that managment saw me as a person and not just a minion. They offer opportunities to those without college degrees that most other companies would not. They give you alot more freedom to move to different departments to find what fits you best. If you plan to be in customer service centered work for most of your life this offers you invaluable experience as well as resume material. Rewards are given for both individual and team performances, not for being boss' favorite.

Cons

To be completely honest, dealing with the customers was the worst. People tend to be more open to being nasty when you're just a faceless voice on the other line. It's very fast paced problem solving and can be quite mentally exhausting. Sales were a big part of my position and certain numbers had to be met. Often times I felt the goals we had to reach were very unreasonable. The more the economy slowed down the more they would raise our goals. If you don't have thick skin and your morale is easily defeated, you won't get far.

Advice to Management

I understand that sales are important to any for-profit company, but so is being realistic.

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

"Never again"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Great people,
    Good training and support from the staff/

Cons

Too much stress,
    Constant changes in rules,
    unrealistic bonuses and unclear details about how to obtain these bonuses.
    not enough equipment for the number of staff.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on providing good customer support and stop trying to "slam" people into buying products that they don't want or need. Your training stated that the customer was important and their experience with Citi should be a positive one but as soon as we hit the sales floor we knew that wasn't to be our main function. Treat the customer as king and you'll be fine.

2. "Good company that has deteriorated"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Pros

Some of the people and management there are very good.

Cons

Great variations in work load. From nothing to do to too much to do. Some people there are not so great and are constantly nervous and on the lookout and they are are not looking out for you.

Advice to Management

Need to retain the good workers and get rid of the bad.