Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing company!

May 23, 2020 - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Citi is an incredible place to grow your career. You will learn from some of the best in the business. In addition, you will be presented with challenging opportunities to push yourself to the next level.

Cons

My only regret is that I could not a way to stay longer. Sometimes life throws us curve balls and we have to make hard choices.

Continue reading
    37 people found this review helpful

Citi Response

Thank you for your 10+ years working with us!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company

Mar 14, 2021 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice company to work for

Cons

Might be average salary when compared to other companies

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Things are good until they aren't

Apr 21, 2021 - HELOC Underwriter in O'Fallon, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Room for growth when it's available. Great salary when you get to underwriting (no bonuses). Great people to work with, and benefits are very good.

Cons

0 loyalty, 0 transparency, and 0 HR assistance. Citi will treat you well until they don't need you anymore, then they will be happy to lay you off or make you work an insane amount with no thank you. There is absolutely no transparency from upper levels of management. They will break endless promises and shift you as needed. If you run into issues with your paystub or Citi related benefits, good luck. I was still on their payroll over a month after my last day (quit voluntarily) and had to reimburse them all of the money they accidentally paid me. I couldn't even get a letter saying I didn't work there anymore so I could sign up for health insurance elsewhere. And couldn't even get someone on the phone (except for a call center in India). Would hate to think of what happens to people who REALLY need HR help. Escalated ethics concerns as well but didn't see any changes. Like any other corporation, Citibank is willing to screw you over if it benefits their bottom line. They are great to work with until they aren't, so tread carefully.

2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Citi.