Citi - this is a company you want to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"this is a company you want to work for"

I have been working at Citi full-time

Pros

great people and culture. Easy to communicate with people at different level and different groups. Company is big but it tries to be flat.

Cons

Communication is very important here since the company is too big. Most of the time communication relies on phone calls/ emails, therefore may not very efficient.

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

1. "Good place to work"

Pros

Enjoyed the daily challenges and great co workers

Cons

Senior Management needs to interact with employees more.

"Great start, decent pay, no room for growth"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Citibank can be a great stepping stone. Their training program and bank platform are spectacular (albeit very slow majority of the time). The compensation for personal banker positions is one of the highest if you're coming on board from another financial institution. Great financial products and modern bank solutions for clients.

Cons

I will be with the company for 4 years come this March and have submitted many job applications to help further develop my career. Majority of my applications have gone unanswered and the ones I do receive a response to say that "they have found a better qualified candidate". The positions I have applied to are nothing out of the ordinary for a personal banker to want to develop into. There just seems to be a lack of opportunity and growth potential. I've brought much business and deposits into my branch, my monthly compensation from surpassing "hurdles" will reflect that and the only reason I can imagine for not promoting me is because I'm an asset to them while holding the position I'm currently in.

Advice to Management

Promote individuals who show consistency and are putting in the effort to further advance their career.