Citi - Despite it's ups and downs, I had a terrific experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"Despite it's ups and downs, I had a terrific experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Care about their employees
Maintains focus on ethical behavior

Cons

Way too bureaucratic. However, with the issues with Banamex, I don't see that going away.

Advice to Management

Keep focus on transparency at all levels. Eliminate the bureaucracy

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

"Anti Money Laundering (AML) - HIGH turnover, HORRIBLE culture"

Former Employee - AML Operations/Compliance Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - AML Operations/Compliance Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at Citi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home two days per week (used to be three, see below); some wonderful, intelligent and helpful coworkers; branded / known company name on your resume; at times, interesting work that you can see the implications of.

Cons

Please, do yourself a favor and read the reviews for the city / position of interest that you are considering; additionally, pay attention to the posting date and similar, highly positive reviews that should be read with caution (HR has been trying to change external opinions to try to recruit more people, as they can't keep up with the high turnover rate - hence, the use of so many recruiting / contract companies).

Hiring Process: As many others have stated, get EVERYTHING in writing that you are told; ask deeper questions regarding the "bonus" / "merit pay increase" / benefits, etc...They are not as advertised by the internal recruiters. You WILL be working more than 40 hours per week, EVERY week, contrary to the "...on rare occasions you may have to work a couple of extra hours" that is told during the hiring process (as you will find out at the beginning of training when you start hearing and seeing the real hours).

Culture and General Work: Very negative, depressing culture, from the top-down. I am a person who can find a positive in any situation, as are many great coworkers at CitiGroup, but after working 12-16 hour days and weekends (no overtime pay), and still being told by management that we aren't doing enough and need to work harder / faster, positives are hard to find; constant verbal threats about job security / performance plans, etc...without support or how they are going to fix the unreal work imbalance across the floor. After 1.5 years of working non-stop (including holidays from home), I had had enough and voluntarily resigned; I was the 29th person to do so in only 2 months! The Team Lead's will tell you how great you are doing on your cases and QA scores, etc...and then later that same day, tell you how you need to be doing more cases, although they know that you are putting in all of the extra hours and doing great work (?? - confusing, makes you feel defeated and frustrated? Yes!).

Benefits / Pay: 20% below industry average pay and subpar benefits. Citi is an international, huge company, yet I the benefits were the worst that I had ever had working in various industries for 15+ years. Aside from the low pay, excessive hours and negative culture, plan for $82 - $98 to come out of your paycheck (for an individual) and still have to pay high deductibles / copays, for a healthy person.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees - respect employees at all times, verbally and non-verbally. You have / had some wonderful, intelligent, professional employees that you are losing faster than you can replace them due to the negative culture, low pay, hours that are required, threats from Team Lead's and not being honest with employees from the start of hiring to day-to-day operations.

2. "Good place to work"

I worked at Citi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work experience, good HR policies and benefits, job-mobility within the company.

Cons

Low employee morale, some bureaucracy