Citi - Micromanagement and poor pay did me in. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"Micromanagement and poor pay did me in."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Citi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Benefits, Cafeteria on site was great, excellent training program that provides you a tremendous amount of knowledge of the banking industry

Cons

Salary, Office Culture, Management difficult to work with. Given false hope for advancement opportunities that never became available. Inability to be flexible, too big for their own good. Decision makers don't understand the life of a lower level employee and that is evident by their actions.

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

1. "Salary"

Pros

Work env is great .

Cons

Salary is not at par market

"The C in Citi stands for change"

Current Employee - Retention in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Retention in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits immediately from day one. Citi employs people with very little skills, and offers jobs(This can also be a detractor). There are many people with very diverse backgrounds.

Cons

Horrible training program. No upward mobility at all. They try to give illusion of movement by giving you your same pay grade in steadily worse positions than you currently have. No merit, or fairness in internal hiring. I have a college education, and was passed up by employees that had a parent, or family member working in that dept. It was made worse by the fact that they gave them a real interview, and did not extend same questioning to me. Micro managing to the last degree here. It feels like they are standing over you with a stop watch even when you need to go the bathroom. My dept has a lot of favorites that get to go what ever they want.

Advice to Management

Managers are treated as poorly as employees. I am not sure I can give advice to a manager because they are terminated at a moments notice, or tortured if they do not conform. It is difficult to be productive in this tyrannical environment. I have been told that South Dakota is the site that puts pressure on our site, and that they think Jacksonville is the laughing stock of Citi. If all parts of the company will not move as one then please just start termination process, so I can get unemployment, and stop working for this crap company.