Citi - The C in Citi stands for change | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"The C in Citi stands for change"

Current Employee - Retention in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Retention in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits immediately from day one. Citi employs people with very little skills, and offers jobs(This can also be a detractor). There are many people with very diverse backgrounds.

Cons

Horrible training program. No upward mobility at all. They try to give illusion of movement by giving you your same pay grade in steadily worse positions than you currently have. No merit, or fairness in internal hiring. I have a college education, and was passed up by employees that had a parent, or family member working in that dept. It was made worse by the fact that they gave them a real interview, and did not extend same questioning to me. Micro managing to the last degree here. It feels like they are standing over you with a stop watch even when you need to go the bathroom. My dept has a lot of favorites that get to go what ever they want.

Advice to Management

Managers are treated as poorly as employees. I am not sure I can give advice to a manager because they are terminated at a moments notice, or tortured if they do not conform. It is difficult to be productive in this tyrannical environment. I have been told that South Dakota is the site that puts pressure on our site, and that they think Jacksonville is the laughing stock of Citi. If all parts of the company will not move as one then please just start termination process, so I can get unemployment, and stop working for this crap company.

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

1. "If Politics is Your Name, Then This is Your Game"

Pros

A global company with the potential to move around the world for new opportunities.

Cons

This is an extremely political organization. Cliques abound. As one senior manager once put it, "When you join Citi, the bullet has already left the gun; it's just a matter of when it will hit you"

Advice to Management

Concentrate on providing top notch products and services to the industry. Let go of the past and the little empires of the cobbled together organization that don't (or is it won't) work together for the good of the business.

2. "Difficult place to work for involved parents who care about actually raising their children."

Former Employee - Vice President in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Citi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Prestigious, stable (at least in my early yrs 1994-early 2000's).

Cons

Matrix environment, reporting to many "bosses", difficult, hard-driving work environment. You can never leave it there, you always have work to do/it never ends.

Advice to Management

Some working parents are as interested in their children as they are in their careers: please don't make us choose. Try to live up to the awards somehow won for "best place to work", "top 100 best places for working mothers". Seriously? It's not true.