Citi - Awesome co-workers | Glassdoor

"Awesome co-workers"

Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Citi as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part of working for citi was the administrative staff. They were really amazing.

Cons

The person I worked for was really horrible. She made my experience there very traumatic, so much that I would never want to work for citi in the future. I'm appalled as to how I was treated and that she was not reprimanded for her behavior.

Advice to Management

Treat your administrative staff better. You need these people in order to make your work day run flawlessly.

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

1. "Forget your family life.They expect you around the clock and frequently. No appreciation how hard you work"

Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Elk Grove Village, IL
    Current Employee - Risk Analyst in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vacation policy is good, Provided you can take it.

Cons

Too long work hours including working in weekends. Benefits are not at all great. More of the cost is pushed over to the employees. They give work deadline in the evening and expect it to be done that night. Don't hire enough workers Poor management, Always in a put-out fire mode, due to unrealistic deadlines

2. "If you can make it here, you probably can make it anywhere."

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Global footprint is its unique differentiator. No other bank has its reach-- from people to products to platforms. Very fast-paced and bottomline-driven. Very unique to feel the world at your literal fingertips.

Cons

The bank caters to the triple A -- the large multinational, the large government client, the high net worth individual. If the client isn't in this category, the client isn't valued. So big and complicated, it is prone to many broken pieces that need constant fixing. In many cases, the pressure to deliver on revenues is so high, products are not built properly. Hence, the amount of re-work, fire-fighting and managing client escalations is very high.

Advice to Management

Improve the culture more. Compensate the good soldiers better.