Citi - Long drudgery, but great benefits. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citi

"Long drudgery, but great benefits."

I worked at Citi (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are amazing, and if you work hard and receive favorable employee ratings, they will move heaven and earth to work with you on a work life balance.

Cons

The leadership is spotty. Unit managers have considerable autonomy over their employees and work group which has many pros and cons. My biggest complaint was in advancement. In 16 years, I never was clear on what goes into advancement decisions. Honestly my direct supervisors were equally clueless. They would mentor me and other employees for weeks on their own time only to watch as we weren't granted interviews. It is not unusual to see a 20 year old on his or her first job obtain a supervisory position while people who had degrees and years of experience in similar roles at other companies never be considered. And the corporate culture is obsessed with change. If something works, it will be replaced by a new process with limited testing.

Advice to Management

Spend more time developing your employees than your software. Give clear guidelines for employees pursuing advancement. And share this with supervisors so that their time and ours aren't wasted.

Other Employee Reviews for Citi

1. "Culture differs greatly depending on the location in which your role operates. Expect a fast-changing environment."

Pros

Global bank offers transfer opportunities to many parts of the world. Office culture is generally friendly, however certain departments can be political depending on the unit head.

Cons

Promotion opportunities are hard to come by.

2. "great company"

Pros

there are lots of opportunity at the firm if you decide to take them

Cons

company is complex and important you learn how to navigate through it