Citizant - Looking Up! | Glassdoor

"Looking Up!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Citizant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It has been a rough couple of years due to management transition but you will never find a CEO/President that has 110% empathy with her employees. Things are definitely looking up. I feel like we are re-establishing the company mission and goals that were forgotten when our current CEO took a sabbatical.

Cons

I'm reserving commenting on the cons because currently we are re-building trust issues that were broken due to former Sr. Managers mismanagement of their Business Units.

Other Employee Reviews for Citizant

"What a mess..."

Pros

Some of the work is actually quite interesting. Many employees who aren't caught in HQ drama are very good at what they do.

Cons

Where to begin...constant change in senior management. The company can't decide what it wants to be. Constantly bringing in new people to save the day and blaming those who left for all the company's troubles. The company is very worried about what employees say about them when the leave the company, but does not extend the same courtesy. Micromanaged. Your email is read and your web traffic is scrutinized by the highest levels of the organization. There are cameras everywhere and I don't think they are for "security" but for watching employee activity. Very oppressive and hostile work environment. So glad to get out!
    Senior management are nothing more than yes-men to CEO who has a hugely inflated ego. Benefits are terrible, but I suppose they're not great anywhere anymore. Some of the worst employee morale anywhere I have ever seen...unrecoverable IMHO. Lots of talk about "values," but it's not really seen in action.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and let employees and managers be the entrepreneurs you hired them to be. Mass communication should be simple and direct. Most employees don't have the time or interest to read a 15 page diatribe from the CEO with all the cutesy (cheesy) stories. It's patronizing....get to the point so people can do their jobs. Realize it's just a job and not a higher calling for the people who don't own the company. Stop the drama and gossip from CEO on down.

"No career growth on Virtual Team"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Citizant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to Work from home depending on project.

Cons

Unless someone in upper mgt is your friend there is no room for career growth. Majority of the team leads and so called PM has the ' look out for themselves' attitude. With the many changes to Sr. Mgt things have gone downhill and have not picked back up yet to a stable environment.

Advice to Management

Treat all the employees with respect especially those who work the hardest but never see recognition for it.