Citizens Bank - It is the best of times, it is the worst of times, | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank

"It is the best of times, it is the worst of times,"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
Current Employee - Branch Manager

Pros

A regional financial services organization with an established branch network and a full compliment of banking products. Average to better than average benefits.

Cons

A very, very homogenous employee base. Not the place to be if you are not part of that group. Don't plan for the long term. The training department stays busy through the employee applicant revolving door as evidenced by long standing postings on job boards for branch positions. A constant complaint from bank customers is the ever changing faces.

Advice to Management

E. Alemany has vision. The rest are castoffs from other banks. Stop trying to be other banks dressed in green. Was better when they were "not your typical bank". Pay attention to what over zealous middle management is doing. Live up to your motto of being "good citizens".

Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Bank

1. "Dysfunctional management at times, but I was allowed to do my job without too much inteference"

Former Employee - Vice President
    Former Employee - Vice President

Pros

A lot of really good people who cared about each other. I worked in RI and in Boston, which was terrific location to enjoy after hours free time. Good facilities. We were growing for most of the years I was there, until the meltdown, and the parent company took us down.

Cons

CFG senior management had a lot of their own issues too. very self centered when it started crumbling, they took care of themselves and ran for the hills.

Advice to Management

Clean up HR, choose a strategy and stick with it. More open communication is needed throughout the company. with new leadership in my area recently, it actually seems to be getting a bit better.

2. "good"

Pros

they have good benefits for the people that are working with their company, either full or part time. One of the many benefits of working for a bank

Cons

The goals are tough to hit and getting tougher with each passing quarter. It seems a lot of people struggle with this

Advice to Management

Get your regionals out in the feild spending hours working with the people in the branches to increase the sales effectiveness of the team.