Citizens Bank - Banker role changing and more sales driven | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank

"Banker role changing and more sales driven"

Current Employee - Banker in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Banker in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Great Colleagues, Company Values

Cons

All Sales driven and losing focus on employees as people.

Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Bank

"Good pay and benefits, but difficult sales culture and lack of respect for the customer."

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Elgin, IL
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Elgin, IL

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, amazing vacation time, and good pay. Loyalty is rewarded by upper management, and if you do your job well and hit goals, the work is very rewarding.

Cons

The "do anything to get sales" attitude. I was forced to do a lot of shady deals and sacrifice the best thing for the customer in order to hit sales goals. Anything was deemed acceptable in order to achieve the sales goal.
    Branch Managers have the attitude that they don't need to show up for work because they are salaried. Some Branch Managers were constantly late, always left early, and took excessive personal days and vacation days, all with no repercussions.

Advice to Management

Strong sales is not the sole reason someone should be promoted. Some of the best bankers became Branch Managers because they excelled in sales, but they received no training on how to be managers. As a result, they don't know how to handle situations that come up, they lack professionalism, and the lower level employees suffer.

"Hostile Environment in Connecticut Branches"

Former Employee - Teller Manager
    Former Employee - Teller Manager

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No more pros left company has forgotten the word. At one time it was a great place to work
    10+ years ago.

Cons

The Teller Managers are dumped on and treated with not respect my the Branch and Regional Manager. I was a Long time employee and not the only long time employee who had career/life.destroyed by an out of control Manager allowed to manipulate the system an do unethical things to employees. Causing undo stress on the job and in life. The company preaches work life balance and that's not what is going on. I had to leave the Manager and a Teller who she wanted to give my job to spent much time setting up what they were doing and I was not going to fall victim anymore not a way to work everyday I want potential employees to know the truth about what they are getting into. Be ware.Watch your back and your cash can't trust anyone in this work place.

Advice to Management

Advice is to Vice Presidents the real ones not the branch titles. No way to treat good long time hard working employees. I gave my two week notice I was allowed to work some of it the they put on a
    branch show mid day including an H.R. representative who told me they were all done with me and that I was to be walked to the door. By the way I am a customer of the back as well. I hold accounts and a mortgage Is that how you treat employees whom by the way just lost everything because no one is watching the house and the wrong people still have jobs. Sham on this company.