Citizens Bank - Going downhill | Glassdoor

"Going downhill"

Pros

Good benefits, ample paid time off

Cons

Poor management on all levels

Advice to Management

Managers of accounts and business lines do not necessarily make them effective managers of employees. Consider carefully those people you delegate to manage a team of people, as it is quite different than merely managing numbers.

Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Bank

"Great co-workers but not the higher ups"

Pros

Great co-workers and customers fantastic hours great benefits

Cons

Horrible Senior Management only concerned about money money money not you.

"Hostile Environment in Connecticut Branches"

Former Employee - Teller Manager
    Former Employee - Teller Manager

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No more pros left company has forgotten the word. At one time it was a great place to work
    10+ years ago.

Cons

The Teller Managers are dumped on and treated with not respect my the Branch and Regional Manager. I was a Long time employee and not the only long time employee who had career/life.destroyed by an out of control Manager allowed to manipulate the system an do unethical things to employees. Causing undo stress on the job and in life. The company preaches work life balance and that's not what is going on. I had to leave the Manager and a Teller who she wanted to give my job to spent much time setting up what they were doing and I was not going to fall victim anymore not a way to work everyday I want potential employees to know the truth about what they are getting into. Be ware.Watch your back and your cash can't trust anyone in this work place.

Advice to Management

Advice is to Vice Presidents the real ones not the branch titles. No way to treat good long time hard working employees. I gave my two week notice I was allowed to work some of it the they put on a
    branch show mid day including an H.R. representative who told me they were all done with me and that I was to be walked to the door. By the way I am a customer of the back as well. I hold accounts and a mortgage Is that how you treat employees whom by the way just lost everything because no one is watching the house and the wrong people still have jobs. Sham on this company.