Citizens Bank - Good Middle of pack Bank with opportunities to succeed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank

"Good Middle of pack Bank with opportunities to succeed"

Current Employee - Vice President, Risk Management
Current Employee - Vice President, Risk Management

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid Time Offs, Good team work environment,

Cons

Tech Infrastructure needs improvement. UK style can be irritating

Advice to Management

Focus on US team leadership more

Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Bank

1. "Rough Seas"

Former Employee - Teller
    Former Employee - Teller

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I see any job as an opportunity. This was a good full-time opportunity to understand the banking industry and gain real life experience in customer service full-time. Without this position, I would have been ill prepared for the working world right after college. Benefits were okay, providing the basic needs. A few years since working here, it appears the bank has survived the economic downturn so this is a good thing.

Cons

Wasn't exactly the best environment. Working full-time and standing for several hours a day was hard after awhile. Being a teller and in a retail bank, tends to be a rough work life as well especially when dealing with unhappy customers, complaints, outdated methods (this may have changed since working there a few years ago) and lack of guidance.

Advice to Management

Enable a positive working environment that fosters learning, growth, constructive feedback that boosts employee morale not drags it down as it effects the customer experience, and be fair. Employees, especially tellers, are the front lines to the service part of the company. Treat your employee like you would treat a customer.

2. "Just like high school"

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my department, there was contact with many outside companies, so around Christmas, we always received nice gifts and food....a nice perk of the position.

Cons

If you aren't part of the "clique" you will be miserable, regardless of the quality of your work. Make sure that you find a way to fit the mold or you won't make it here.