Citizens Bank - The Truth About Citizens Bank | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank

"The Truth About Citizens Bank"

Current Employee - Personal Universal Banker in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Personal Universal Banker in Boston, MA

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-pay is great, tuition reimbursement, good benefits and vacation

-many promotions and a variety of products to sell, product is easy to sell once you find the right customer

-schedule is very flexible, you will be accomodated based on business need

-expectations from upper management are very clear

-plenty of money to make if you're willing to go the extra mile

Cons

-systems and technology are outdated (but do you really wanna be replaced by mobile deposit? lol)

-customer service line/phonebank doesn't work in sync with the branches (which can frustrate some customers)

-Onboarding process will make or break you, especially if your team members are lazy/ working against you

-rumors about buyout are creating a lack of faith in the citizens brand from a customer standpoint

-wealth management/ investment program is still a work in progress and has mixed results

Advice to Management

I'm looking at other reviews and people are slandering this company, complaining. What a shame. I come from a retail sales background. To be quite honest we are getting paid handsomely to do what people in walmart or bestbuy are doing for next to nothing.

This company is not perfect, but if you are a self-starter and have a will to succeed then you will do fine here. Yes, the sales pressure is high, but if you want to make some money and keep your job, YOU'LL FIGURE IT OUT. Your success is contigent upon how far you're willing to go.

Upper Management! Please, clean house! Find out who has no motivation to work here as well as the people who do dishonest work, and fire them all. It will make all of our lives easier. The biggest problem I'm seeing is that too many people don't care or don't want to make the effort to work here. Fire them and find motivated people who want to make some money!

Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Bank

"Working for Citizens Bank was a complete nightmare."

Former Employee - Teller I in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Teller I in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are not many pros for this bank. The pay is good and worth it If and only IF you have a good manager (branch and teller).

Cons

There is not enough training on the software.
    Many managers leave it to other employees to train tellers.
    Management does not listen to employees.
    No balance between work and life.
    Be careful not to be set up by Branch Manager and Teller Manager.

Advice to Management

Treat your tellers like human beings.
    Set better and more attainable goals.
    Watch management emails.
    Training should be handled better for software.

"Don't work here if you want to learn and challenge poor practices"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary and benefits are ok, but I found out the person who was previously in my role earned $30,000 more

Cons

If you disagree with a manager, you will become an outcast, exiled to your own lonely island. Your life will be miserable thereafter.

There is so much red tape in the company that you can't even create an Excel sheet without at least 1 manager looking over the work. I'm not even sure my manager understands the nature of my work.

There is no learning. I worked at a larger bank and learned 10x more in half the time. The work I do here is extremely dull and mind-numbing. Nobody cares whether you learn.

Advice to Management

Fire all of middle management. They are worthless