Citizens Bank - Administrative help paid poorly, treated poorly, in dead end jobs with no opportunity for advancement or growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank

"Administrative help paid poorly, treated poorly, in dead end jobs with no opportunity for advancement or growth."

Pros

There are no "Pros" career wise to being in an administrative position at Citizens.

Cons

Low wage, no career path / direction / opportunity for advancement or growth. Often moved from working in one state to another state and if you suddenly get moved and have to pay 10% of your pay for parking when you didn't previously have to, you are not reimbursed. Administrative professionals are not eligible for officer titles, bonuses or incentives, even if you support C level execs. Unfortunately it is not a respected position in the bank. You are the bottom of the barrel and treated like gophers by everyone in the company.

Advice to Management

Recognize the worth of your assistants. We are not your work wives. We are professionals just like you and deserve to be treated as such because you'd be lost without us. You can't book a conference room or even get coffee or lunch on your own, you don't know how to use the copier, manage your own expenses or your calendar. You overcommit yourself and blame us or expect us to work miracles. We are not your therapists either. We are tired of hearing you complain about your "problems" when you are paid huge salaries, bonuses and have stay at home wives. Several of you don't even have a college degree yet your admin does. How does someone who doesn't have a degree get put into a Sr Leadership (EVP/Vice Chairman) position?

Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Bank

1. "Good pay and benefits; sub par corporate culture; too much bureaucracy; management shows very little backbone"

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits; decent work/life balance

Cons

Lack of leadership from middle management; everyone is out for themselves; very widget driven

Advice to Management

Don't just be a 'yes' person and relay messages down the corporate ladder; go to bat for your team; lead selflessly.

2. "Unappreciative of the little people"

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Citizens Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are not many perks of working here. The people you work with are as good as it's going to get. They like their customers more than their employees.

Cons

High turn over rates, ridiculous sales goals, customer service is shoved in your face and the survey customer take are unrealistic. Don't know how to keep employees happy.

Advice to Management

Hire some managers that actually know how to motivate, and retain employees