Citizens Bank - Could be so much better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank

"Could be so much better"

Pros

Great learning bank and tuition reimbursement

Cons

Micro Manage, upper managment is disconnected.

Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Bank

1. "Amazing Experience, Launched my Career!!"

Former Employee - In Store Banker
    Former Employee - In Store Banker

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time

Pros

There are set guidelines and procedures to do things, but upper management encourages you to make the process your own. They like seeing different personalities come alive, and you become committed to the job because you are doing things how you want to. Positive work environment that allows for great conversations with customers and excellent customer service. You really get out of this job what you want to. The sales goals to me were very attainable. To others they were too daunting and not reachable. Again, you get out of it what you want to. This is a sales company, you are in a sales role, so it makes sense to have sales goals. I never missed my goals while employed, and the pay was amazing because of it!! They allow overtime as long as you prove you deserve it. They encourage you to work as much as you'd like. Base pay is excellent, OT is rewarding and the commission scale is phenomenal. So sad Citizens Bank was not located where I moved to, otherwise I would still be an employee!!

Cons

Some turnover because people get in over their heads when excepting the job. They don't understand that there are sales goals and that it is a sales position. Generally they don't think much of the "sales" aspect because the base pay is amazing. But those that know what they signed up for and love to service the clients will succeed and enjoy every minute of it!!

Advice to Management

Encourage lower level management to increase the emphasis on the sales aspect of the job. Interviews are conducted great, but they just ask "are you aware that there are sales goals you will be expected to meet on a quarterly basis?". They should give scenarios and/or examples as well as asking supporting questions to ensure they are not wasting the time of the candidate or the company.

2. "Good Company"

Pros

They work with you when they can

Cons

the sales payouts are getting smaller