Citizens Bank - Great place to grow | Glassdoor

"Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Risk Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Risk Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have experienced stupendous professional growth in this firm. My managers have always been most supportive of my advancement, and promotions have been forthcoming appropriately.

Cons

With the upcoming IPO, things have been a bit hectic and rudderless. It seems like there is a goal to get all of the terrible ideas implemented before the IPO

Advice to Management

It would be nice if we didn't change everything just for the sake of changing everything. It's frustrating that some of the changes have been implemented without much thought or input.

Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Bank

1. "Great systems, NY had its own identity"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager - Instore in Middletown, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager - Instore in Middletown, NY

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great systems, great resources. From a sales perspective, there was always access to help solve problems and help line for anything.

Cons

NY had its own identity from the rest of the company. This was clear in their lack of success with the instore branches. There were regional managers who belittled and talked down to staff. They were employees who were from Charter One and essentially kept it Charter One. Nobody in NY could figure it out but it was the reason for high turnover rate

Advice to Management

Respect the employees and appreciate their personal lives. It will cut down the turnover rate

2. "Personal Banker"

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Problem solving that can result in helping someone save money or earn more interest.

Cons

The companies products are always changing, meaning upset customers who accounts are changing a lot. Also managers are not always the best candidates to become managers and are more worried about their bonuses, than they are at helping their employees succeed.

Advice to Management

Invest more in the Ohio market, otherwise you will continue to lose customers to the banks willing to spend a little.