Citizens Bank - BRITISH GOVERNMENT NOT GETTING THEIR MONEY'S WORTH. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Bank

"BRITISH GOVERNMENT NOT GETTING THEIR MONEY'S WORTH."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Competitive benefits, wonderful colleagues, nice customers.

Cons

Where to begin? Bank is very dysfunctional and extremely disorganized. "Too Many Chiefs, Not Enough Indians"-very top heavy with midlevel and senior management while staffing in the branches is minimal at best. Constant and relentless sales pressure to sell the customer any product the bank is pushing-feel very much like a used car salesman. Micro-managed from the minute you walk in the morning to the minute you leave at the end of the day. Bank's overall infrastructure including systems, ATM equipment, etc. is in total disrepair, yet Citizens spends huge sums on new advertising and glossy brochures. Ellen Alemany, the C.E.O. may be a bright woman, but is clueless when its comes to retail banking. Why is the British Government paying this woman to maintain at least two corpoarte offices-New York and Providence yet the bank cannot even afford bottled water for its branches or calendars or X-mas envelopes for its customers. I just don't get it! I would not recommend working for Citizens until RBS sells them and they get their act together.

Advice to Management

You are not in the same league as Bank of America. Stop trying to be just like them.!Your real competition is the smaller community banks. Your fees and product offerings should reflect this and they don't.

Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Bank

1. "Not a place to work if you are looking for growth"

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Medford, MA

Pros

easy work load, friendly management

Cons

stagnant working environment, no feedback given on work performance

Advice to Management

Should look into offering incentives for performance

2. "I've enjoyed my time here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

Pros

This relates to the back office, not branch work. I've never worked in a branch so I can't comment on that
    Great pay/benefits
    Good people
    Time off when you need it

Cons

Some of the business lines are clueless. They expect circumvention of polices and procedures that are instituted in order to prevent downtime

Advice to Management

While risk is important, I feel too much emphasis is being placed on it. And of course, bonuses would be nice again