Citrix - A place the ENCOURAGES innovation and ideas | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citrix

"A place the ENCOURAGES innovation and ideas"

Current Employee - Hardware Technician in Santa Barbara, CA
Current Employee - Hardware Technician in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Citrix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work From Anywhere - Citrix encourages workshifting heavily. This idea is especially preached often by our CEO.
Great Salary - Payscale is good and opportunity for advancement is there. To those few reviewers who claim that there is little opportunity, I question their drive. It seems to me that if you are an innovative thinker and a hard worker - you open up many doors within the company
Great Benefits
Innovation is encouraged - In almost every place I have worked in before, new ideas a shot down and employees must adhere to a strict company policy/tradition. Free thinking is bad! At Citrix, new ideas are encouraged and, if they are good, they are implemented. Management does not look down on ideas from employees as "inferior". In fact, some major steps forward in the company started from the ground up.
Free Snack and Drinks - At least they are free in our office. From what I have heard, this is the case for most Citrix offices.

Cons

From the hardware technician side, I can say that dealing with some of the datacenters which are not run by Citrix can be a pain and downright frustrating from time to time. This isn't really a Citrix issue but rather an issue in our datacenter providers.

Advice to Management

Keep on encouraging innovative thinking and helping employee career growth. Also, when expanding into new geographical areas, perhaps a bit more scrutiny would be in order when looking for datacenters.

Other Employee Reviews for Citrix

1. "Great company to work and grow your skills"

Current Employee - Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of different product areas allow you to move within the company and keep learning new things.
    Great C-level management team with a vision for growth that has shown great results over the past 10 years.

Cons

Pick carefully which group you join in. Your manager will make a big different in your overall satisfaction with the company.

"The Citrix Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Very flexible work schedule.
    - Working from home options. I work from home twice a week.
    - If you do good work, your manager leaves you alone to do your work without micro management.
    - Competitive Salary.
    - Many opportunities for growth and career development.
    - An overall cool environment to work in.
    - You can work from anywhere, home, any campus, any office. This is pretty cool.
    - People in most part are cool to work with. I've made a lot of friends working at Citrix.

Cons

Can only speak for my experience in my department, and not the entire company:
    - Functional teams tend to over protect from each other.
    - Sometimes collaboration between different teams is difficult and require senior management intervention.
    - Decisions tend to to be very political in nature.
    - The main thing I don't like is the reactive nature of some decision makers. But, I can see this behavior in other organizations outside Citrix as well.
    - If you're a manager who deals with a budget, you may have a hard time dealing with how the budget is done.

Advice to Management

The CEO is excellent! He is a visionary and a trend setter. He is not just a manager, but a leader. He truly leads the company. All Citrix managers should follow his example within their own functional areas.