Citrix - Best place I have ever worked at. | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Best place I have ever worked at."

Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great. Everyone goes out of their way to help. The career opportunities are excellent. Citrix promotes from within the company this means that managers know and understand employees. The benefits are also good and there are 3 health insurance options.

Cons

The processes and internal information is disorganized. I find my self in situations being asked if I have completed a certain task or process that I did not know it existed. Once it is clear I am not aware I learn and move on.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward. Work a 1 central organized portal for employees which as all the information required for each position.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Overall an excellent company."

Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products, well run at the higher levels and well respected internally and externally. Socially Conscious. Executive leadership is awesome - no question about that.

Cons

Division-level leadership at Citrix Online is blind (or at least myopic) and solely concerned with managing up. Promotions come by way of who you know as opposed to the best talent for the role. Change is constant. Sales people are disposable.

Advice to Management

Improve the division significantly by clearing out the insiders' club of middle management.

"Decent Salary, incompetent management"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great job if you have never worked in the tech industry in Silicon Valley. Salary and benefits are decent for the Bay Area.

Cons

Much of the upper level management is convinced that they know the only way to develop software, and that there is a Citrix way, and it is the best way. I would point out their recent release record as evidence to the contrary.

Advice to Management

You should pay attention to the attrition in the Santa Clara location. Most people are leaving because they are fed up with the management in Fort Lauderdale.

Discover more reviews about Citrix.