Citrix - Never been happier | Glassdoor

"Never been happier"

Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Escalation Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. The people here at Citrix are really the best. Everyone is always willing to lend a hand. While I have only been here for 2 years it feels like I have always been here at Citrix and everyone is been your friend for longest time.
2. Management is always working to make the work environment better.
3. The technology we create is cutting edge.
4. The career opportunities are exceptional. The only place that I have worked at were managers are happy to see their employees move up into better positions even when it is not in the best circumstances for them. They never hold anyone back.

Cons

1. A lot of the business software is not integrated or intuitive to work with. The CRM system although it is currently being changed.
2. Processes are not always easy to follow or find and can be confusing at times.

Advice to Management

Do not loose the focus of always striving to make Citrix the best place for a career.

Other Employee Reviews for Citrix

1. "Amalgamation of technologies"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work-life balance
    Talented engineering and product management teams
    Sound stratgies and focused execution from management team

Cons

Hesitant to adapt new technologies for Business Analytics. Communication gap / issues due to 2 Headquarters - Finance (Santa Clara) & Operational (Fort Lauderdale)

"Not fun any longer"

Current Employee - Technical Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance, ok benefits, good salary, good location, nice products. Used to be a fun, humble, hard working place.

Cons

Not fun anymore, they're hiring a bunch of Cisco people ... they are spreading the Cisco disease (why don't those people every smile?), non-technical people in management.

Advice to Management

You are promoting people to director, VP levels who are just "working" their managers. Too many VP's who don't know what they are doing. ex: I've seen VP's in Marketing who have never run a campaign. Campaign, what is that? The recent CMO hire is a joke. Once you are in, forget about being promoted, you literally have to beat your manager over the head to even consider it. Raises are too low, only 2%-3% a year, not even keeping up with inflation, which is probably why alot of people leave Citrix.