Citrix - Marketing | Glassdoor

"Marketing"

Current Contractor - Marketing Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
Current Contractor - Marketing Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Citrix as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great projects,people and Silicon Valley location

Cons

Decision making at HQ is not in tune with Silicon Valley

Advice to Management

Move and think like Silicon Valley

Other Employee Reviews for Citrix

"Worst Place I Have Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are free snacks and sodas. You can get free designer sunglasses every year with your free vision insurance.

Cons

Sales department is known to be dysfunctional. Be prepared for bullying, gossip, jealousies and passive-aggressive comments. Senior Management is young and immature and all hired from within, so their idea of "corporate" is perverse. I witnessed major revenue-affecting mistakes being made and covered up by management. I witnessed management verbally threaten to ruin young executives' careers. I witnessed management stretching the truth and omitting facts to get people fired. Feedback is vague and opinion-based, so if they don't like you there is no way to improve. There are no skip-level meetings or 360 reviews. The leadership team discusses your salary as a group. The sales teams are losing market share on core products, so quotas and pressures are high while commission is low. Low morale. Promises of career path are not for everyone. If you know someone in the company who will look out for you, go for it. Every decision is made by politics. Otherwise, be prepared. I wouldn't quit your Fortune 10 and move to a new state to work here.

Advice to Management

There is probably no way to fix the culture of your management team that believes perception is reality. Good luck conjuring the future vision of your company and your $5B revenue goal.

"They set the standard as far providing multiple methods to remotely collaborate and access work from anywhere."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This may depend on the manager, but they have a really great work/balance perk. Prefer working at the office as much as possible, but having the flexibility to work remotely. Helps a great deal if there are certain situations that require being off-site. Usually, if you need to leave early that day, you could work from home later in the evening and restore productivity in the evening.

Cons

Culture in general is great, but there is a relation bond gap with certain teams which I felt needs improvement. They do have a yearly event that groups all employees within a certain region to get a chance for team bonding, but feel this should be adopted to happen also at the local office. Certain best practices in general are not always applied and used.