Citrix - They set the standard as far providing multiple methods to remotely collaborate and access work from anywhere. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citrix

"They set the standard as far providing multiple methods to remotely collaborate and access work from anywhere."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This may depend on the manager, but they have a really great work/balance perk. Prefer working at the office as much as possible, but having the flexibility to work remotely. Helps a great deal if there are certain situations that require being off-site. Usually, if you need to leave early that day, you could work from home later in the evening and restore productivity in the evening.

Cons

Culture in general is great, but there is a relation bond gap with certain teams which I felt needs improvement. They do have a yearly event that groups all employees within a certain region to get a chance for team bonding, but feel this should be adopted to happen also at the local office. Certain best practices in general are not always applied and used.

Other Employee Reviews for Citrix

"In Sales at COL, your worst fears can come true"

Pros

Ramp up comp
    Solid team environment with great people
    Benefits are good
    Comfortable office atmosphere

Cons

No control over territories and comp plan, frequently changing.

I was there for 1 year between 2010 and 2011, and the comp plan had changed twice in 1 year. Since leaving in 2011, nobody on my team is still there!! This is why they are ALWAYS hiring!!! They will ramp you up, have you hit these low quotas, then as soon as your quota gets bigger, change your territory, or method for you to make money. Essentially asking you to do much much more with less. After I left, they let the majority of my team go at the end of the year and is tough to find another high-quality sales job after being let go. Fortunately, I left prior to this happening.

Some products becoming commoditised
    Competing against website unless that has changed

Advice to Management

Value your sales employees at COL more. Look at some of the people you either let go or top performers who left COL between 2011 and 2012 some after making presidents club the year before. You can't just continuously replace these people and have a revolving door.

"How many complaints does it take for management to shape up?"

Pros

Flexible working hours. Good benefits. Nice office spaces. Smart colleagues. If you are connected with the right people the opportunities are endless.

Cons

Employees are literally turning on each other in fear of losing their jobs. People are afraid to speak up about the toxic dynamics in some groups. The performance review process is questionable. Management silences other employees to voice their concerns with HR. I have advised several talented professionals to stay away from applying for jobs within my team due to the horrible treatment that I have experienced (as well as seeing other colleagues being treated equally poorly).

Advice to Management

Think about the impact that you are having on the professional and personal lives of your employees.