Citrix - Once a Citrite, always a Citrite | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Citrix

"Once a Citrite, always a Citrite"

Former Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The title sums it up. After spending more than a decade with the company and seeing it transform from an intimate application visualization pioneer to pushing five billion dollars in revenue across numerous businesses, the company was able to hold on to many of its core values and maintain a unique culture facilitated directly from the top.

Cons

While I did have a number of great years, I also had a few difficult ones - due to personality conflicts and so fourth - which is rare for me. Also, being one of the largest software companies and better employers in South Florida means there are a lot of old timers in the organization and this leads to a lack of opportunity for technical growth and career development. Lastly, while I received a few promotions during my tenure, during the last few years when I was performing at my very best I was consistently passed over for the more senior positions in the department and ultimately left the company where I have found greener pastures.

Advice to Management

Be fair and timely with promotions. Reward the dedicated, high performers with the positions, titles and benefits that back up their skills and contributions.

Other Employee Reviews for Citrix

1. "Great place to work if you are in Technology"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely talented, smart, brilliant people. Great perks, drinks and snacks free (fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee etc). Company subsidized lunch (50%) provided by cafeteria on premise. Great knowledge and networking events.

Cons

Be prepared for conference calls and meetings to eat up hours of your day which forces you to skip lunch/eat at your desk or work till 8pm to make up for lost hours! Also, technology makes it convenient to work form anywhere, anytime so sometimes feels like "ball & chain" even when on vacation.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in resources to get your name out there. Lately have seen lots of news everywhere on competitors like VMWare but not much on Citrix!

"Run and never come back"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Citrix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home if you lucky.

Cons

The worst managers I've ever seen. They will use every dirty trick they can and then deny everything a week later.

Re Org every 3 months.
    Forget about career growth, this is where your career goes to die.

I can go on and on, but if you reading this and thinking about joining, do yourself a favor and Don't!

The most painful thing was watching good smart people getting destroyed by horrible managers and not being able to do anything about it.

The most useless HR in the industry.

When I got an offer from a different company, it was my happiest day at Citrix.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you doing, because it doesn't matter anymore, the damage is done.