Civilian - Civilian's greatest asset is the wonderfully talented indivuduals who work there. | Glassdoor
  1. "Civilian's greatest asset is the wonderfully talented indivuduals who work there."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Civilian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Civilian's greatest asset is the wonderfully talented indivuduals who work there. This place is different than any agency I've worked at and I know it's been said many times before, but your coworkers feel more like family and friends than acquaintances. There is a unity and collaborative nature to these folks that surpasses the rest. The culture is young and vibrant! You can expect first Friday of the month... celebrations, fitness Friday's, happy hours and a dog friendly office environment. We're an interesting bunch, but I wouldn't have it any other way. The kind of work we do and clients we work with, for the most part, are amazing! It's meaningful and rewarding work, and something to be proud of.

Cons

It is a great place for individuals just starting in their career looking to gain valuable experience or for those looking to scale back in order to spend more time with family. But for someone in the middle looking to grow upward, it can be a trying middle ground to stay in for a long period of time. New business seems to be a challenge in many agencies and is no different here. We are still working on... crafting our process, but often times existing client work is bumped to prioritize aggressive new business development timelines.

Advice to Management

Hold managers and supervisors accountable to the same standards as your "worker bees".

Civilian2018-04-12

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great company on the rise"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Civilian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Senior leadership, culture, purposeful work

Cons

Some inefficient or confusing processes, gossip/cliques

Advice to Management

Keep inviting more staff participation in decision making

Civilian2018-12-10
  2. "Greatness is within reach"

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Civilian part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Has the vision, has the passion, has the fundamentals.

Cons

No "x factor" to make magic.

Advice to Management

Get out there. Mix it up.

Civilian2019-09-02

Discover more reviews about Civilian.