Claire's Stores - An ok company to work for... getting better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores

"An ok company to work for... getting better"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Savannah, GA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary if you have a two family income. They teach you great customer service. Satisfaction in knowing your customers are satisfied. Great merchandise and display of merchandise. They have recently lightened up on the dress code and allowed dressy jeans. Yay!!! Ove all it's what you make of it..

Cons

The should pay more based on experience. DSM are some times hard to get a hold of... They don't answer or return calls. Not enough hours given for the task given. If upper management does nt like you, then you feel your job is in jeopardy. Very stressful. Having to work every weekend is ludicrous especially when you have a family. You have to requst a weekend when most jobs grant you at least ina weekend a month.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees!!!! They are taking care of you. You spend the weekends with your families, we would love to do the same. I hope the new guy knows this and will make that change...

Other Employee Reviews for Claire's Stores

1. "Good time but EXTREMELY stressful !!!!!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Claire's Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is cool. If you like all things girly this would be a OK place to work. Best thing about the job is piercing ears and the discount.

Cons

Management expects way to much. In most stores its only about 4-6 people on the payroll. store manager, assistant manger, key holder and 2 part time associates. sometimes you are expected to open the store alone and stand there for at least 4-5 hours before the next person comes in.
    leaving you with tons of shipment to sort and display, keeping the store clean, ringing customers and piercing ears ALONE !! even the greatest multi-tasker would have difficulties. Senior management dosnt believe in work - life balance at all they try and drill it into your head that Claire's is supposed to be your life inside and outside of work

Advice to Management

Instead of dictating everything from behind a computer screen, Try working in the store as a manager and see what the employees have to deal with to make it through the day.

2. "Okay to start but don't transfer."

Former Employee - Third Key Holder in Yuma, AZ
    Former Employee - Third Key Holder in Yuma, AZ

I worked at Claire's Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discount is one of the best I have seen.
    I had an amazing boss, who pushed me and made me better
    The product is fun and you get to "dress up"
    You can move up if you push yourself to go above and beyond.

Cons

I requested a transfer and it was granted to me but the lead manager at the new store never worked me and I was forced to find a new job.
    Corporate does not pay management what they are worth. Third keys get paid .15 over min. wage and they work crazy hours.
    All the bad just runs down hill and if you have a bad manager you could get blamed of every problem in the store, because District managers pressure managers who in turn over push their employees.

Advice to Management

Make sure HR answers their voice mails, when I had my transfer issue I could not get a hold of the HR department so I call both my DM's and all they could say was talk to HR. Big circle and nothing was ever done.