Claire's Stores - I loved this job even though I wasn't paid very well... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores

"I loved this job even though I wasn't paid very well..."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Troy, MI
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Troy, MI

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities for promotions, amazing management re-hired me whenever I was on break from college (even for just a couple weeks), fun place to work at (besides customers), always busy-never bored, very flexible with hours, coworkers are friendly and fun, a lot of things to do, great store discount

Cons

Not very well paid but you do get raises the longer you're there (without asking!), customers are annoying sometimes, stupid/annoying dress code, district manager shows up randomly for hours at a time and works employees' jobs, called in frequently to cover someone else's shift or additional hours that weren't scheduled for, consistently worried about being fired for small things (miss one on call and you're fired)

Other Employee Reviews for Claire's Stores

1. "Not Organized"

Former Employee - Third Keyholder in Hyannis, MA
    Former Employee - Third Keyholder in Hyannis, MA

I worked at Claire's Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the only pro is 50% off discount

Cons

scheduling was difficult, never a employee meeting, i was never able to take a break because i always worked alone. it's a lot of work for the pay. store is not organized. to many lies.

Advice to Management

sales and signage change really often. create a lot of work for the money paid. not enough incentives to keep positive attitudes up. scheduling was always difficult. try to transfer to a store closer to home was like playing games with the district manager. i was never able to take a break because i always worked alone!

2. "Overall a good first or second job"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cant speak for all stores but managers generally stand behind employees. Big focus on sales and meeting goals. Customer service is important.

Cons

Cleaning up after everybody's kids sucks. Especially when they don't watch them at all. Lots of stuff stolen and management is responsible. Bonuses depend on shrink and sales so pay attention. Sometimes lack of hours available to stores leaves us terribly understaffed therefore causing theft.