Claire's Stores - You put in a lot of work, but a good place to start | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores

"You put in a lot of work, but a good place to start"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Springfield, MO
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

50% discount on merchandise. Great experience and was a great place to put on your resume. Got to be trendy and have my tattoos and nose piercing.

Cons

They do not give you enough work-task balance time, especially in a high volume store. They want you to be by yourself, check and start shipment, help customers, and pierce customers ears. Not enough pay for what you have to do in management.

Advice to Management

Listen to your Managers!

Other Employee Reviews for Claire's Stores

"I loved this job even though I wasn't paid very well..."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Troy, MI

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities for promotions, amazing management re-hired me whenever I was on break from college (even for just a couple weeks), fun place to work at (besides customers), always busy-never bored, very flexible with hours, coworkers are friendly and fun, a lot of things to do, great store discount

Cons

Not very well paid but you do get raises the longer you're there (without asking!), customers are annoying sometimes, stupid/annoying dress code, district manager shows up randomly for hours at a time and works employees' jobs, called in frequently to cover someone else's shift or additional hours that weren't scheduled for, consistently worried about being fired for small things (miss one on call and you're fired)

2. "Not Organized"

Former Employee - Third Keyholder in Hyannis, MA
    Former Employee - Third Keyholder in Hyannis, MA

I worked at Claire's Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the only pro is 50% off discount

Cons

scheduling was difficult, never a employee meeting, i was never able to take a break because i always worked alone. it's a lot of work for the pay. store is not organized. to many lies.

Advice to Management

sales and signage change really often. create a lot of work for the money paid. not enough incentives to keep positive attitudes up. scheduling was always difficult. try to transfer to a store closer to home was like playing games with the district manager. i was never able to take a break because i always worked alone!