Claire's Stores - Lack of customer service and poor training | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores

"Lack of customer service and poor training"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time

Pros

Discount, rewarding when it comes to customers, friendly staff

Cons

Terrible management staff, lack of training for all employees, poor communication, DSM and RSM are useless and do nothing to help you out, doesn't promote from within company, over work employees, high turnover rate, for little pay for all the work you put in, constantly cuts payroll hours which leaves one employee to run the store for 8+ hours without taking a lunch break.

Advice to Management

I wish I had more pros to say about this company but unfortunately I don't. This company used to be a fun and exciting place, but over the last couple of years this company has gone down hill. Claires is spending more money on opening new stores than actually spending money on their employees moral. I have seen so many excellent employees leave this company because they are treated so poorly. Most of the management staff are poorly trained and this due to the fact that the company spends so little time on training its employees. Whem I first started out a member of management had to go through 2-4 weeks of training, depending on the position. Now it less than 20 hours of training! This company is setting their employees to fail. On top of being poorly trained as a manager, your expected to run the entire store by yourself for countless hours, most of the time without taking a lunch. The company doesn't care if you need coverage or need a break. All they care about is making sure that they are making money, while over working and under paying you. Dont bother addressing these issues to your DSM. They will not help you out. Don't expect to get promoted for all your hard work that you have done by yourself, because Claires rarely promotes within. I have seen soo many talented individuals that should have been promoted but weren't. Which eventually causes them to leave for better opportunities. This company doesnt care about the overall well being of its employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Claire's Stores

"Acceptable"

Former Employee - Third Key Holder in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Third Key Holder in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Claire's Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The team is close knit, coworkers quickly become close friends.
    -Pay is good
    -Good starting management positions
    -Fantastic discount

Cons

-Some sales goals are ridiculous
    -District managers are tyrants
    -Unfair scheduling
    -Third keys don't get any benefits, although they are considered management

Advice to Management

Try to understand in a low volume store, its almost impossible to meet a higher volume sales goal. We do try our hardest to make up for as much as possible but sometimes customers just aren't interested .

"Great discount 50% but you work alone alot so stressful at times."

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

50% discount and great staff

Cons

You work alone and cannot leave or take a break most times. Low pay

Advice to Management

There should really be a way for store managers and assistant managers to contact regional staff. There are many problems with your DM's and the only way to reach regional is through the problem (DM) so that makes it extremely difficult so people just quit.