Clarabridge - It Doesn't Get Much Better! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clarabridge

"It Doesn't Get Much Better!"

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Simply put, this company is amazing; and the commitment from leadership to both employees and customers is unequaled. I have enjoyed the challenges and rewards since I started and believe there is a ton of opportunity for growth as the CEM Analytics space is maturing.

Cons

Lots of changes over the last 12 months have been tough for some and has resulted in turnover in sales and services. Laggards wash out quickly. Travel can be burdensome, but the company is pretty flexible when it comes to working from home.

Advice to Management

Let some of the dust settle before implementing too many changes in early 2013 and continue to focus on customer satisfaction...it's working and working very well.

Other Employee Reviews for Clarabridge

"Trending downward for far too long"

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Some extremely talented people I have had the privilege to know and work with (although most of them have now left so this probably shouldn't be a "PRO" anymore);
    - Good workplace, free snacks;
    - Compensation almost on-par with industry;

Cons

- Favoritism;
    - Despite the increase in communication, still get the feeling that the CEO is disconnected with the employees;
    - Too HQ-centric to claim to be a global company;
    - Favoritism;
    - Directors and VPs seem open to constructive criticism but the suggestions are seldom acted upon, if at all;
    - Company outwardly claims to be able to offer a packaged solution with Survey, NLP Analytics and Social Customer Care but all internal plans and road-maps are first focused on Analytics and plans for Survey and Social Customer Care are few and far between and revealed only if someone asks what the status is;
    - Still feel we have too many VPs and SVPs;
    - New employee on-boarding is woeful, to put it mildly. It used to be good and rigorous but as the product evolved, quality and content of training has gone down;
    - Favoritism;
    - Everyone is self-absorbed and wants to further their own interests. But you can hardly fault them because proper recognition never comes down and so the only way each of us can really mark ourselves is by looking out for ourselves;
    - Every year, we come up with a grand plan for bettering ourselves. It is almost Q2 before the plan trickles down to the team and almost Q3 before the employees start actual work towards achieving the goal. Therefore, the H1 appraisal becomes, pretty much, a joke. Also, the next year, we pretty much have a brand new plan and never properly assess what, if any, was wrong with last year's plan. I don't know if I am making any sense here.
    - Favoritism;

Advice to Management

- The core offering needs to do what it is supposed to do, reliably and consistently. Forget about new features for a while and focus instead on enabling the product to do at least 1 thing properly and well;
    - Know who is getting work done and who isn't. Like truly find out for yourself and not just listen to what your immediate reportees tell you. See for yourself, sit anonymously on customer meetings or internal meetings if you have to, spend time with your employees and hear them out one at a time, make random inquiries and find out for yourself exactly what is going on out there.
    - At least acknowledge that there are employees outside HQ, let alone recognize their work;

2. "Opinion of a Consultant"

I have been working at Clarabridge full-time

Pros

- Flexible, agile working environment. Hasn't lost the startup feel.
    - Non-hierarchical, friendly team and management.
    - Great sense of teamwork, not competitive at all. Offices are excellently located.

Cons

- You may not feel integrated as part of the broader organization if you don't work at headquarters in Reston, VA.
    - You need to be strong enough to face scenarios where things fail; but this is the nature of all technology.

Advice to Management

Try and integrate other offices more, as opposed to running to company in a US-centric manner, with a focus on the headquarters in Reston, VA.