Claremont University Consortium - It's a great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Claremont University Consortium

"It's a great place to work"

Current Employee - Phone Operator in Claremont, CA
Current Employee - Phone Operator in Claremont, CA

I have been working at Claremont University Consortium part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is easy to work with, and they take good care of their employees.

Cons

No windows in my office.

Other Employee Reviews for Claremont University Consortium

1. "Things are so much better and more professional."

Current Employee - Librarian in Claremont, CA
    Current Employee - Librarian in Claremont, CA

Pros

The CUC has gone through a lot of changes over the years and changes in management. Now, we have a new strategic plan that seems to be working and more staff are involved and aware of how things work and get the information directly from managers.

Cons

Sometimes the colleges we serve take the CUC for granted and think of the staff as less important than themselves, but even this has recently improved and I feel more valued.

Advice to Management

Continue to push forward with the Key result Areas, and keep mushing out those staff who are not buying in to the team.

2. "Place to grow and expand skillset"

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Redlands, CA
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Redlands, CA

I worked at Claremont University Consortium (Less than a year)

Pros

I found that in IT at CUC specifically you are given an opportunity to learn and expand in a variety of areas due to the smaller scale of the group. As an example, a systems administrator can take part in learning many facets of the department from networking to application support and even project management. As an employee, I grew in various areas and had I not left, I probably would have grown more.

Cons

The environment is extremely open physically meaning everyone sees everyone. There are not a lot of walls high enough to really divide one department from another and it can be difficult to know where one department starts and where another ends. They were working to build separation by creating offices and cubical walls of separation, hopefully the separation will help in the future.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage growth and development in IT. Provide structured mentor-ship with goals and timelines for employees to grow and advance.