Clark Nexsen - "Best Place to Work in Hampton Roads", by Inside Business magazine | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clark Nexsen

""Best Place to Work in Hampton Roads", by Inside Business magazine"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Pros

Clark Nexsen has given me the best opportunity for both personal and professional growth. I left the firm that I had been with for 15 years because they did not offer the upward growth paths that Clark Nexsen offered, and more importantly, they delivered. I have been here for over 10 years now, and could not imagine working anywhere else. The diverse projects, the talented staff and co-workers, is what gets me up in the morning! Growth and promotion is not going to be just handed to you, and it doesn't make any difference how long you have been here, if you work hard, you will be rewarded. The benefits are better than almost all of the competitors, and in good years, management bonuses back the profits to ALL the employees. Clark Nexsen does more for its employees than any other A/E I know. Recently, they were selected as the "Best Place to Work in Hampton Roads", by Inside Business magazine.

Cons

Would be great if there were more opportunties to "tele-commute", but in our industry it just doesn't seem to be realistic. The types of projects may seem mundane to some, but they pay the bills, and afford the opportunity to work on some great projects when they come along.

Advice to Management

Create a "management" blog, and use this to convey weekly information to the employees. Company does have a weekly all hands Monday morning meeting, but attendance is not mandatory and when information is shared, many employees are missed becuase they chose not to attend the weekly meeting.

Other Employee Reviews for Clark Nexsen

"A few bumps in the road"

Pros

CN works with your personal life. If you need to leave because of unforeseen circumstances, sickness, or just having a bad day you are allotted the time. The little things here and there, i.e. appreciation gatherings, family outings is what makes this a great place to work.

Cons

Management doesn't communicate well with their staffers. There needs to be a more open door policy, too many egos running around the company. The pay scale is very skewed within the company.

Advice to Management

Stop pacifying your favorites, this should be an equal playing field for everyone that walks in the door. Those that work hard should be rewarded.

2. "A great place to intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Clark Nexsen as an intern

Pros

Always a friendly and positive environment. Great atmosphere and location.

Cons

The office is very nice but the layout cuts employees in half so it can be a just a little bit inconvenient if your team is not sitting with you.