Clarke Allen Group - Dissapointing Opportunity & Extremely poor treatment of staff | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clarke Allen Group

"Dissapointing Opportunity & Extremely poor treatment of staff"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator/Assistant in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Event Coordinator/Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Clarke Allen Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Network of Clients & Vendors you build
Experience from Senior Designer

Cons

This company has gotten away with free labor or paying very minimum wage for the 18 years they are in business. For even the most qualified individuals with a bachelor's degree and years in the hospitality industry, you will be brought on for an unpaid internship which has 10% chance of turning into a "paid" position of $10/hr - no commission, no raises. They make empty promises to employees and have gotten by hiring a new group every 6 months after the trained and qualified employees get fed up with the poor management, lack of structure, and insulting compensation and eventually leave.

The Clarke Allen Group presents itself as youthful and innovative but falls short and represents a failing, unreliable & unfaithful company. While you may get lucky planning an event here with one of their Coordinators or Designers on staff, rest assured that same employee will not be there the next time you call.

Unfortunately for Clarke Allen Group, this company serves merely as a platform for youthful, talented and educated individuals who end up using this "opportunity" as a springboard for their real career which will provide them with more autonomy, respect, and proper compensation in one day than you would receive at Clarke Allen in a year.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with the respect they deserve; people are not disposable. It is both insulting and dissapointing to work for this company and receive nothing in return after endless hours of labor. Not to mention the daily scrutiny of having to prove your self-worth.

Other Employee Reviews for Clarke Allen Group

"Internship at Clarke Allen"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Clarke Allen Group as an intern

Pros

Interning at Clarke Allen was probably one of the best decisions I have made. After graduation, you're not exactly prepared for the real world and the real event planning business but Clarke Allen gets you hands-on experience. I have learned more through the Clarke Allen group about event planning than I did in school. When I say Clarke Allen is a hands-on company, they really do show you the insight to event planning and what comes with it. After being on sight and working with all of these wonderful employees, I feel that I am more prepared for the industry and I look forward to being in it!

Cons

I don't think 12 weeks is enough to learn everything Clarke Allen has to offer!

Advice to Management

Management is always very helpful and they know when to step in and when you must learn things for yourself.

2. "Event Coordinator Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Clarke Allen Group as an intern

Pros

Interns get a lot of experience and get to work hands on at events.

Cons

Only offered further opportunities to select interns.