Clarks - Excellent Company For What It Is | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clarks

"Excellent Company For What It Is"

Current Employee - Full Time Sales Associate in Lynnwood, WA
Current Employee - Full Time Sales Associate in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at Clarks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ability to earn above your base salary via sales commission is extremely nice. I highly enjoy being able to utilize the back room as a means to decompress from frustrating situations. It makes it a lot easier to give the customers 100%.

Cons

The people you work with will make or break the experience. Some of the work is tedious (It's retail, get over it!). The training is extremely lax. It's a sink or swim environment where only the best get acknowledgement. The competitive atmosphere can be seen as a positive or negative.

Advice to Management

Do not pay part-time sales associates commission, have them instead work sales support so that the store can run more effectively.

Other Employee Reviews for Clarks

1. "worst job ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Clarks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

clean environment, sweet assistant manager,

Cons

horrible pay, bad management, very rude manager.

Advice to Management

I was told i would be making at lest 13 dollars a hour but even though i was the best part time sales-men i was only making 7 a hour.

the manger of the store was rude and very arrogant, he would send me home early for making a mistake, and say very offensive things to me in front of other workers, he never aloud me to even enplane myself, and want i would ask to give in my vacation request they would not even be looked at or considered

i was always in the back cleaning and organizing never give a chance to make more sells, i would even go as far to say i was working for free.

"Clark's Outlet New Orleans- Not worth it..."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Clarks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy Job. $9 an hour for retail. Not bad.
    Good beneits if you can get full time but that is impossible because all sales positions are part time. The management team is clueless. It's a brand new store, open less than a month.

Cons

This is a part-time job only... averaging 15 hours a week.
    The only three people who will be getting full-time hours are the 2 managers and lead salesperson.
    This is a brand new store. I was on the opening team.

I was told by the manager, after receiving a schedule with only 13 hours on it, that the company has it set up to only give the managers 40 hours and everyone else will get 25 or less but never more. The 3 other employees reveived less than 20 hours as well, while the manager, assistant manager, and lead salesperson had 44 hours each...

Sales floor work scedules were as follows:
    1st week 30 hours (store opening)
    2nd week 30 hours
    3rd week 25 hours
    4th week 24 hours
    5th week 13 hours... I quit

This scheduling pattern was consecutive with all three of the other sales floor employees. I also found it very odd that I was the only person who showed up for all of my shifts, never called off, and was never late more than a minute or two.... but I got my hours cut the most. Each and every one of the other employees had no call no showed (some multiple times) or called in about 30 minutes prior to the shift started. Some we're missing for days. One went to jail for a week.. Lol.

On the day that I quit, the manager told me that I was negative and that's the reason why my hours were cut so drastically... which was weird because she had also told me that everyone's hours were being cut. I looked on the schedule and everyone's hours were cut except the manager. I didn't understand why other people's hours would be cut so drastically (if it was due to me being negative) until I realized that she had hired two new people and each gave them over 20 hours. I guess that was to bait them in.

I am a tell-it-like-it-is person. I guess she confused the truth with negativity.

She actually had the nerve to tell me that she did not expect this job to be anyone of tge salespeople's main source of income. Excuse me? Isn't this her main source of income???

There is also a back door exit that leads out to the river walk pier and NO CAMERAS in the store. Deduce what you will from that.

Advice to Management

Please do not use employees. Not allowing sales people to get full time status and scheduling people for four hours a day for 3 days a week will never get you quality workers who care about their jobs.