Clay County School District - All good reviews, no contract renewal. | Glassdoor
  1. "All good reviews, no contract renewal."

Teacher in Middleburg, FL

I have been working at Clay County School District

Pros

I'm sure that it all depends on which school you are working in with which principal. There were some good opportunities for professional development.

Cons

I worked in RideOut Elementary School as a brand new, straight out of college teacher. I was teaching a self-contained special education class, given no curriculum, not materials, no guidance. Assistant principal came in about a month into school and asked why I wasn't using a particular reading program and why hadn't I told her that I had not been trained in the program, because they would have sent me in August... (then end of September). They made it my fault that I wasn't using the curriculum that I was never provided. Throughout the year I was given good reviews, but was then told that I would not be offered a contract for the following school year. The principal told me this 15 minutes before the buses arrived on a Wednesday morning, which seemed inconsiderate to me and irresponsible as I was slightly shaken throughout the school day that I spent with students, and I hadn't planned on coming back the following year anyway!

Advice to Management

Support new teachers. In the interview the principal talked about balancing work and life in order to not burn out... I think if school leaders offered guidance and support to their teachers they would be less likely to burn out!

Clay County School District2010-07-26

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Clay County schools"

Former Employee - Paraprofessional in Orange Park, FL

I worked at Clay County School District full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment and people to work with.

Cons

The pay was low for the work.

Clay County School District2019-08-21
  2. "Clay County Teacher"

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Clay County School District full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Quality school district; good administrators

Cons

Low FL teacher salary; no upward mobility in education

Clay County School District2019-05-08

Discover more reviews about Clay County School District.