Clayton Holdings - It was alright. | Glassdoor

"It was alright."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

The benefits were good, and the work life ratio was good. I was able to learn a lot about the industry, and it will help me in the future.

Cons

I felt like there was much more negative feedback coming back in meetings than constructive criticism in reviews. I feel that there was more focus on speed than quality of reporting. I felt that all in all in the Tampa office that there was more motivation by fear than any other form of motivation.

Advice to Management

I think that the leadership in Denver and Shelton are doing a great job; however, I think that the Tampa office could use an approach to new ideas, and an approach to help the employees grow.

Other Employee Reviews for Clayton Holdings

"My experience was awesome"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Tampa, FL

Pros

You have the oppurtunity to travel to places around the world that you have never been too. You also get to meet people from all areas of life

Cons

Most of the time you have to work really long hours and there is not much guidance. You have to be a self starter in order to be successful in this company.

2. "Good work environment with little to no growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Good work / life balance
    Good benefits package
    Good corporate leadership and investment backing
    Company still appreciates hiring inexperienced college graduates

Cons

The senior management and directors do not seem to have a clear grasp of how to effectively manage the current market. Company is extremely reactive not proactive. Constant changes in priority make it impossible to accomplish minor initiatives in any other fashion besides the bare minimum.

Unmotivated workplace; people are coming in to pick up their paycheck and leave as soon as their 8 hours are put in.

Advice to Management

Motivate your employees and provide strong leadership. Alternative methods like early time off or important side projects will motivate people.