Clayton Homes - Do not go in sales here. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes

"Do not go in sales here."

Former Employee - Sales
Former Employee - Sales

Pros

Seemed like a great company, Berkshire Hathaway song & dance, but employer beware, it's a mess inside

Cons

Long, I mean 60 hour long work weeks, was not disclosed in the beginning. I showed up and found out the whole team had quit only to then be brow beaten into working LONG hours and continue to go into the "draw" hole. Don't do it, no training, no support, no money... I have moved on and am so much better off!

Advice to Management

Stop spunging off salesforce, help them, don't cripple them

Other Employee Reviews for Clayton Homes

"Felt like the "Head-Honchos" only cared about sales & not you as a person."

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

We had the best staff, a great system, but when sales were down..we got axed!!

Cons

if you have no life & enjoy working 10-12 hrs a day, plus no weekends off....this is for you. The senior leaders, zone managers, don't care about the individual, they only care about numbers & what have you done for them today. The problem today is lending. If there's no money to lend then no sales, then the sales associate gets fired.

Advice to Management

As a former dedicated employee, I worked hard, treated customers with respect, but when sales were down...i was let go. I have a family that I need to provide for & there was no severance package to help, but you get your pay checks & live comfortably. Have fun flying around the country using the corporate jet!

"Company is running scared"

Pros

Great facilities and great peers.

Cons

Clayton Homes is currently laying off yet they still are recruiting team members through radio ads and job fairs. It is hard to stomach a lay-off when you hear ads running for current employment.

Advice to Management

Value your employees.