Clayton Homes - Good as long as sales are good but bad most times | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes

"Good as long as sales are good but bad most times"

Pros

Good place to work as long as sales are good ,but if sales are slow it is easy to get into a draw and has to be paid back.

Cons

work most Saturdays and commission pay

Other Employee Reviews for Clayton Homes

1. "Good job"

Pros

you can make a lot of money but YOU must get out there and do the work. No one else will take care of your business.

Cons

If you dont have a good manager in retail then it will be a tough job. But you cant blame your bad sales for there faults. I made plenty of money with a bad manager in charge. It cost me alot of time and stress. but if you truly want to make a good income its 100% up to you

Advice to Management

cut 50% of the jobs in the corprate office and more will get done. To many chiefs, politics, and "recordintg for training purposes". We need to stop worring about hurting feelings of the people who arent doing there jobs. It takes 5 people (not counting there supervisors) to do what 2 did 3 years ago.

"Do not go in sales here."

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

Pros

Seemed like a great company, Berkshire Hathaway song & dance, but employer beware, it's a mess inside

Cons

Long, I mean 60 hour long work weeks, was not disclosed in the beginning. I showed up and found out the whole team had quit only to then be brow beaten into working LONG hours and continue to go into the "draw" hole. Don't do it, no training, no support, no money... I have moved on and am so much better off!

Advice to Management

Stop spunging off salesforce, help them, don't cripple them